As a company we always want your systems to run as efficiently as possible. Often times a well maintained system requires service calls, inspections, and continuous maintenance. However, there are some issues and kinks that can be worked out by simply keeping us up-to-date with correct information. As a consumer you will be happier when we have the right info and as a service provider we will be thrilled because you are happy!
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind:
Maintaining Security Cameras
- At times your computers may ask you to make updates. Before making a significant update, such as updating your Windows, call us and verify that it will not interfere with the camera software that we have downloaded on your computer.
- If you get a new router, call us at (618) 503-9095. We may need to gather new information regarding the router.
- Periodically check to ensure that your cameras are working, and recording. Often times people do not realize that their cameras are not recording properly until they need to review an event.
- Clean your cameras. Just like the camera on your phone, smudges may occur or dust can collect. For a clear, crisp image, clean regularly with lens cleaner.
Fire Alarm Maintenance Tips
- If your fire system is monitored via telephone lines and you are considering switching phone companies, call us at (618) 503-9095. There are certain types of phone lines that fire systems will not work with.
- If your manager, contact person, or anyone else on your call list changes, please let us know!
Access Control System Maintenance
- Back your data up. If you have an access control system at your facility, it is vital to backup the information in your database either on the server or in another location. This will eliminate a disaster if your computers were to crash.
- Login in to your database regularly. This will sync users and doors with the software.
- For more access control system tips, check out our blog.
Burglar Alarm System Maintenance
- If you own a burglar security system that is monitored via telephone lines and you are considering switching phone companies, call us at (618) 503-9095. There are certain types of phone lines that security systems are not compatible with.
- If there is a change in your call list, your phone number, e-mail, or any other pertinent information, please let us know!
If you have any questions about the above tips or a question on something we didn’t cover here, please do not hesitate to call us at 618-548-5768 or contact us online.